The Garmin Forerunner series is known for creating and expanding upon several performance tracking metrics. This helps to situate the brand above other smartwatch competitors in terms of performance and innovation. The Garmin Forerunner 935 keeps many of the popular features of previous Forerunner models while adding new tracking features. Do the new additions to this model help Forerunner 935 standout amongst its competitors?
The Garmin Forerunner 935 is a lightweight, comfortable, and feature-packed new addition to the Forerunner series. The targeted heart rate monitoring performance tracking of the Forerunner 935 makes it stand out within the series. The design is minimalist and the battery life is long-lasting.
This sports and fitness watch scores high marks in all the important key points for rating a fitness watch. This article will explore everything that needs to be known about this product, including its pros and cons as well as if the watch is worth buying for your fitness needs. Read on to find out more.
No products found.
Pros of the Garmin Forerunner 935:
- Added barometric altimeter. This new addition to the performance tracking features in the Forerunner line is a scientifically-backed and technologically astute assessment of performance tracking for elevated terrain. This feature of the Forerunner 935 allows users to access rough outdoor terrain that increases fitness metrics during an activity. With the Forerunner 935, you can now track how hard you are working.
- Routable maps. With the Forerunner 935, you can now customize maps and routes with Glonass and Galileo GPS protocols which allow it to track in a wider range of environments and terrain than what can be achieved with traditional GPS technology. The mapping technology is now colored and interactive, which allows you to receive even more detailed and visually attractive routes based on your location.
- Pulse oximetry data. Like most models in the Garmin Forerunner series, the Forerunner 935 also analyzes heart rate, heart performance conditioning, and heart rate with oximetry data to provide variability based on a wide range of different performance types to give real-time assessments of how you are faring during your workout and how long you can continue before you reach various thresholds.
- Comes with preloaded activity profiles. The Forerunner 935 is designed to appeal to a wide range of fitness activities. Innovative and detailed activity profiles are now expanded for swimming, running, bicycling, and triathlons, which are all part of the profile selections that you can pick from with this model. This model also includes a range of recommendations if you wish to have some ideas to change up your fitness routine.
- Great for triathletes. The Garmin Forerunner 935 is designed with users in mind who want the knowledge that their smartwatch will be able to keep up with a wide range of performance statistics across a triathlon if need be. Through updated and improved features to measure cadence, ground contact time, stride lengths, and all of the capabilities that sync with accurate heart rate readings and performance statistics.
- Stellar battery life. One of the standout features of a Garmin watch is the great detail that is put into creating batteries that can last for long periods in-between charges. The Garmin Forerunner 935 can hold a successful charge for up to 7 days between charges, which allows you to worry less when it comes to waiting for battery charges when you are ready to get out and run.
- Personalized workouts. For some of Garmin’s most select watch models, adaptive training plans through a Garmin coach of your choice are available to help guide you through your run. The Forerunner 935 is one of the watches that includes this convenient coaching, which works well to help you reach your goals on those days when running or any fitness regime seems like a chore.
Cons of the Garmin Forerunner 935:
- Doesn’t work well with other apps. One of the convenient abilities that come with some smartwatches is the ability to customize the watch with other apps that track running or jogging in ways that you enjoy. With the Forerunner 935, you have to use its features exclusively.
- Expensive. The Forerunner 935 is not moderately expensive like some other models, it is downright expensive. This is to be expected with the addition of many new features, however, the price is substantial for this model.
What Are the Key Features?
The Garmin Forerunner 935 features many new updates to previous models. For one, the watch itself is completely changed in its design scheme from a more square-shaped design to a circular shape with new key stats showing on the screen, which is more in line with traditional smartwatches and is well-calibrated to handle the influx of new features.
But perhaps the biggest standout of the Forerunner 935 is the ability to track your performance metrics in new and innovative ways. The addition of high altitude performance tracking will certainly appeal to outdoor fitness enthusiasts.
What is also great about this model is the two available sizes that you can choose from, 42mm or 39mm. Not all runners wish to have a large and bulky wristwatch, even though the display screen is the same size, which works well with the many different types of performance capabilities that are compatible with this model.
Additionally, the Forerunner 935 has pushable buttons, which eliminates the need to go through an app to change settings, you can now interchange settings and customizations through a simple push of a button.
With just five convenient button settings, you are able to navigate the menu and customize the watch with a few simple pushes to your desired settings. There are no complex patterns to figure out with this model, you will likely have the routine down pat after one running session.
The Garmin Forerunner 935 is brimming with many additional features, and the improvements upon the design scheme of the watch are also great. With new additions to measure training effect, recovery time, and race predicting for triathlons, the Forerunner 935 stands atop the series as one of the best models of the Forerunner brand.
Should You Get Buy The Garmin 935?
This model makes running a truly convenient process, and you can have all of the conveniences that you get indoors with a treadmill outside in the great wide open. The GPS sensors in the Forerunner 935 are improved upon, with Glonass and Galileo now improving upon the bare GPS features on some of the previous models.
During your run, you can simply look down at your watch to see your pace, distance, and elapsed time. Simply press the lower buttons if you wish to see what your current heart rate is and to change different intervals to make note of any special laps or milestones you want to keep track of during your running session.
If you are seeking a more lightweight watch, then this model is certainly going to earn high points with you. It feels light as a feather on the wrist, and you do not have to worry about the watch degrading due to sweat or moisture or vigorous movements.
Signals and milestones are called out and alerted, which means that you do not have to constantly lift the watch to your face and press buttons to see the progress you are making. This convenience is one of the hallmarks of the Garmin Forerunner series, and the 935model aims to make the process of checking stats easy and comprehensive, therefore, you can focus on your fitness performance without many distractions.
With all of these convenient features in play, the Garmin Forerunner 935 is certainly a watch worth buying if this is your first model. It also makes an attractive upgrade if you are looking to upgrade your Garmin watch.
How Does The Garmin 935 Stand Out in the Forerunner Series?
The Forerunner 935 is all about convenience; this model is a complete evolutionary upgrade in the line. This means that some previous concerns with other models have been improved upon for your convenience. Such as the inclusion of various types of sports and fitness performance dynamics as opposed to just running or jogging; swimming is also represented with the Forerunner 935.
The technology is improved upon, which goes beyond simple velocity to even pinpoint performance targets in various areas of the body as opposed to just an overall assessment. The watch is comfortable and lightweight, therefore, you can rest assured that this model is definitely worth the purchase.
The Garmin Forerunner 935 does not have many downsides to mention, yet the substantial price is likely going to be the big sticking point to many potential buyers. This can be easily overcome once you consider some of the useful and innovative technologies that you get with the Forerunner 935.
Some users report difficulty in properly calibrating the new and improved altitude acclimation protocols of the watch, yet this feature can be easily remedied by being sure your watch is connected to Garmin Connect Mobile during your fitness session.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What can the Garmin Forerunner 935 do?
The Garmin Forerunner 935 can accurately keep track of performance data during a run or a jog with the convenience of easy to operate menus to track your performance through a range of categories.
Q: Is my Garmin Forerunner 935 waterproof?
The Garmin Forerunner 935 is sweatproof with waterproof functionality of up to 50 meters. This means that you can swim with the Forerunner 935, although there is no swimming mode functionality that allows you to track your swimming performance.
Q: Does Garmin Forerunner 935 have golf?
Garmin is a brand that specializes in one model of golf tracking, yet the Forerunner 935 does not have any of these features. You can track fitness performance while on the golf course with the Forerunner 935 but this is primarily a running and swimming watch.
Q: Can you play music on Garmin Forerunner 935?
Unfortunately, the Garmin Forerunner 935 does not have music storage or compatible musical technology. You can use Forerunner 935 to control the music that is on your phone or another device but this model does not have comprehensive music compatibility.
Q: Does Garmin Forerunner 935 have Bluetooth?
The Garmin Forerunner 935 is compatible with Bluetooth connectivity. You will have to pair your watch with the Garmin Connect Mobile App since the watch is unable to pair directly through a phone or device outside of the company’s app.
If you are looking for a smartwatch that makes the process of checking your performance statistics easy to navigate with enhanced performance features and project charts, then the Garmin Forerunner 935 is certainly a model worth considering. There are very few downsides to this watch, and the sheer compatibility enhancements of this model are hard to resist.