The Garmin Forerunner series is all about bringing fitness enthusiasts comprehensive training and monitoring software all in the convenience of a wristwatch. One of the most prized factors for all runners is the ability to have a wide selection of personalized music during a fitness session, and the Garmin Forerunner 245 Music amplifies this needed feature to the max. With similar Forerunner models available, what are the standout features of the Forerunner 245 Music?
Garmin Forerunner 245 Music Review
The Garmin Forerunner 245 Music is the newest entry into the music storage line of the Forerunner series. This smartwatch features enhanced music cloud storage along with training load monitoring and running dynamics, which is an innovative way to suggest improvements to form during running sessions.
|Ease of Use||99/100|
|Ease of Assembly||100/100|
This sports and fitness watch scores high marks in all the important key points for rating a fitness watch. This article will explore everything that needs to be known about this product, including its pros and cons as well as if the watch is worth buying for your fitness needs. Read on to find out more.
- GPS running smartwatch with music advanced training features
- Sync with music streaming services, such as Spotify, to easily store and play your favorite songs right from your watch
- Evaluates your current training status to indicate if you’re undertraining or overdoing it; Offers additional performance monitoring features
- Get free adaptive training plans from Garmin coach, or create your own custom workouts on our Garmin connect online fitness community
- Provides advanced running dynamics, including ground contact time balance, stride length, vertical ratio and more (When used with Running Dynamics Pod or HRM Run or HRM Tri monitors (sold separately))
Last update on 2021-06-22 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Pros of the Garmin Forerunner 245 Music:
- Smaller and lighter. The Forerunner 245 Music is now more streamlined and lightweight than other previous models. This model is available in a 42mm grey polymer case and is customized to fit snugly against the wrist with silicon to avoid irritating rashes and discomfort after a fitness routine. This adds increased comfort if you wish to use the Forerunner 245 Music as a sleep monitoring device overnight.
- Garmin Coach Train Smarter Portal. One of the standout features of the Garmin 245 Music is the Garmin Coach feature that recommends status, effect, and insight dynamics into your workout history and how it corresponds to any new goals you wish to reach, as well as insights into future recommendations that can then be broken down into distinct categories to ensure that you are dedicating the proper amount of time to each fitness session.
- Enhanced music storage and phone notifications. The Forerunner 245 Music lives up the last word in its title with enhanced music features that move beyond the basic sync capabilities of the Forerunner 945 model. This model will allow you to control the music playback from your phone in addition to providing space for up to 500 songs or audio data of your choosing.
- Stronger battery life. The Forerunner 245 Music can last up to 6 hours when you run the watch in GPS mode and utilize the music storage continuously. This is more than enough time to take you through multiple fitness sessions without having to worry about the watch running out of battery. The charge can last much longer if you only utilize a few of the main features at one time.
- Pulse oximetry data. Like most models in the Garmin Forerunner series, the Forerunner 245 Music also analyzes heart rate, heart performance conditioning, and heart rate with oximetry data to provide variability based on a wide range of different performance types to give real-time assessments of how you are faring during your workout and how long you can continue before you reach various thresholds.
Cons of the Garmin Forerunner 245 Music:
- Subpar battery life when compared to other models. Unfortunately, the Forerunner 245 Music just doesn’t do well with battery life capabilities, especially compared to other models in the series. This can be expected though due to the increased amount of superior features that have been added to the Forerunner 245 Music, which is more than capable of holding a charge for about 6 hours; still, this is less than other models.
- Doesn’t work well with other apps. One of the convenient abilities that come with some smartwatches is the ability to customize the watch with other apps that track running or jogging in ways that you enjoy. With the Forerunner 245 Music, you have to use its features exclusively.
- Expensive. The Forerunner 245 Music is not moderately expensive like some other models, it is downright expensive. This is to be expected with the addition of many new features, however, the price is substantial for this model.
Garmin Forerunner 245 Key Features
The Garmin Forerunner 245 Music features many new updates to previous models. For one, the watch itself is completely changed in its design scheme from a more square-shaped design to a circular shape. Furthermore, new key stats show on the screen, which is more in line with traditional smartwatches. These new features make the watch well-calibrated to handle the influx of new features.
But perhaps the biggest standout of the Forerunner 245 Music is the ability to sync music to the wristwatch. This new feature has the added convenience of having up to 500 audio files to play at random. Gone are the days of having to use a separate device to hear all of your favorite fitness songs.
The Garmin Forerunner 245 Music is brimming with many additional features, and the improvements upon the design scheme of the watch are also great. With new additions to measure training effect, recovery time, and race predicting for triathlons with added suggestions for enhanced training, the Forerunner 245 Music makes for a stellar addition to the Forerunner series, and perhaps the best model so far in terms of music playback and storage capabilities.
Should You Get The Forerunner 245 Music?
The Forerunner 245 Music is all about improving upon past exclusions in this popular Garmin line. With this in mind, this makes the Forerunner 245 Music a great investment as this will likely turn out to be the only Forerunner model that you will ever need. Considering that the long-awaited ability to not only sync and stream music but now contain ample music storage that is now well-insulated into the watch.
For the music storage and enhanced training features alone, this is definitely a model to consider, yet there are some concerns with the short battery life. Unless you need the watch all day, you will probably never even notice this inconvenience.
Why the Garmin 245 Music Is Worth It
If there is one simple reason why the Forerunner 245 Music is worth it, that is the technology that is improved upon. This model goes beyond simple velocity to even pinpoint performance targets in various areas of the body as opposed to just an overall assessment. The watch is comfortable and lightweight, therefore, you can rest assured that this model is definitely worth the purchase, even if you want to use it overnight for sleep monitoring.
The Garmin Forerunner 245 Music does not have many downsides to mention. For one, the substantial price is likely going to be the big sticking point to many potential buyers. This can be easily overcome once you consider some of the useful and innovative technologies. But the biggest drawback is certainly the weak battery life capabilities. This model pales in comparison to other models with superior battery performance.
Frequently Asked Forerunner 245 Music Questions
Does Garmin 245 have music?
You can get the Garmin Forerunner 245 Music in two different variations: the addition of storage for up to 500 songs in a slightly more expensive version or, the version that comes without music storage for a slightly lower price. Both versions allow music syncing from other devices.
What is the difference between Garmin 235 and 245?
The main difference between the Forerunner 235 and 245 models comes down to size. The Forerunner 235 is a bit larger in its case dimensions at 45mm, while the Forerunner 245 is smaller and more compact at 42mm.
Is the Garmin Forerunner 245 better than 645?
The Garmin Forerunner 245 Music is going to appeal to consumers who wish to have the enhanced music storage features for a much lower price than what is seen with the Forerunner 645. Additionally, the Forerunner 245 Music has many of the same features seen in the 645 models.
How do you listen to music on a Garmin Forerunner 245?
Listening to music on the Forerunner 245 Music can be done by simply holding down any of the buttons to pull up the music controls. You can then select the music control panel and choose to listen to your music by selecting my music.
How does Garmin 245 Music work?
The Garmin Forerunner 245 Music storage works by allowing you to download music from a device or from one of the supported app syncs, like Spotify and Deezer. Once you are inside of the Garmin app, there are protocols that allow you to sync music to your watch which is then available for up to 500 songs.
If you are looking for a smartwatch that makes the process of checking your performance statistics easy to navigate with enhanced performance features and project charts, then the Garmin Forerunner 245 Music is certainly a model worth considering. There are very few downsides to this watch, and the sheer compatibility enhancements of this model are hard to resist.
Rather you enjoy running and jogging or, swimming, bicycling, or triathlons, the Forerunner 245 Music is certainly one of the highlights of the Forerunner series, made all the better by the new and improved addition of musical storage.