Garmin Approach G10 Review – Compact Clip-on Golf GPS
The Garmin Approach G10 is a full-featured GPS golf device in a clip-on form. It’s slim and very lightweight and features preloaded courses, precise distances, hazards and many of the other features found in Garmin golf devices. It’s designed to clip to your belt or bag, or anywhere you want convenient, no-fuss information and precision.
- Small, lightweight device
- 40,000 preloaded golf courses
- No fees
- GreenView with manual pin positioning
- Hazards/course targets
- Digital scorecards and App
- Basic black/white screen
- No touch targeting
- No step tracking features
- No smart notifications
Review of Garmin Approach G7 & G8 Golf GPS Rangefinders
Welcome to my independent Garmin Approach G10 golf GPS review. The Garmin Approach G10 is a convenient golf GPS which easily clips on to your belt, bag or pocket. It’s Garmin’s smallest and most compact golf GPS to date.
The Approach G10 comes preloaded with more than 40,000 international golf courses and gives precise distances to the front, back and middle of the green as well as hazards, green view, pin placements and more.
Garmin Approach G10 Review – Golf GPS Features
The Approach G10 doesn’t have all of the advanced features found in the Approach G8 and S20 but it’s still a useful device to have with you on the fairway.
Approach G10 will display yardage to the front, back and middle of the greens on it’s 1.3-inch sunlight readable, high-res screen. It will also give you a preview of the green layout and displays the shape of the green with manual pin placements.
Approach G10 offers golfers the data they need at a great value. It’s totally versatile with a clip-on design, so it gives golfers an advantage on the course, no matter where in the world they play.
Measure Shot Distance & Calculate Yardages
Approach G10 screen is not as detailed as the other advanced Garmin handhelds, but then it is only a clip on device. There is still a lot of advantage to be had with using it. You can measure individual shot distances and calculate yardage for shots played anywhere on the course.
The digital scorecard will help you keep track of your score throughout your round. Garmin Approach G10 will provides distances to layups and doglegs so you can plan the perfect approach. The enhanced stats will help you keep track fairways hit, greens in regulation and putts per round.
Approach G10 Compact Garmin Golf GPS Design
Garmin Approach G10 boasts a compact design; with a high sensitivity GPS that provides golfers with information like yardage, hazards and more in a convenient form factor with built-in clip. It’s lightweight and has a water rating of 5 ATM (50 meters).
Approach G10 will give you up to 15 hours battery life in GPS mode, so make sure you are charged up before a day spent on the course. Approach G10 also has a built-on odometer, if you like to keep track of the distance you have covered during a round.
Garmin Approach Golf Handheld Comparison Chart
Approach G10 Key Features:
- Compact pocket-sized design: easy-to-use and to clip anywhere
- High-resolution, 1.3 inch, sunlight-readable display with graphical user interface
- Precise distances to front, back and middle of the green, hazards, layups and doglegs
- Green View displays the green layout from the angle of approach with manual pin placements for exact distances to the flagstick
- Digital scorecard for easy scoring during your round
- Stat tracking measures shot distances and number of fairway/greenshots or putts
- Upload and share stats online with Garmin Connect
- Over 40,000 preloaded international courses with free lifetime updates
- 15 hours of battery life in GPS mode
- Rugged, lightweight and water resistant (50m)
- Competition Approved
Review and Track Approach G10 Golf Stats
When you’ve finished a round you can upload your round via USB to Garmin Connect the online golf community for post-game analysis. You can view fairways hit, greens in regulation, shot distance and number of putts.
Track your progress over time by viewing all your stats including longest shots, average score and putts. With Approach G10 you can also view hole-by-hole details and understand trends and tendencies on your favorite courses.